jQuery issue

Support Area Forums Live jQuery issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Deborah Gabriel
    Participant

I have a problem with a plugin that I am using on my website – Visual Form Builder Pro. After carrying out troubleshooting tasks I have identified that the problem must be to do with a jQuery issue with the theme. The form works correctly with the WordPress theme Twenty Twelve but not with the Live theme. Apparently it will only work with jQuery version 1.7. I am not sure what version the Live theme uses or how to update jQuery to 1.7.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Afternoon Gabriel,

If you’re running a version of the Live theme earlier than 3.2.2, you’ll need to either update the theme to the current version (3.2.4) or use the plugin that’s in the WordPress 3.6 Upgrade box in the right hand column of this support site.

The lightbox image pop-up script that we used thought that the version of jQuery bundled with WordPress 3.6 was quite old. The included version is 1.10.2 but mathematically that looks like 1.1 which is really old.

The plugin will roll your site back so it uses jQuery 1.8.3 which was included with WordPress 3.5 or the update fixes the lightbox script so it works with jQuery 1.10.2. Either options should take care of it for you.

Have a good night,
    Bill

Deborah Gabriel
    Participant

Perfect solution! I installed the plugin and the form works fine now.

Thanks a million!

Bill Robbins

Anytime 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘jQuery issue’ is closed to new replies.