Image size for Slider

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Image size for Slider

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Frank Voce
    Participant

Hi Bill, from time to time I have to knock on your door…. 😉

my question today : is the recommended image size of 960×620 also for the slider ?

Or do you consider different values ? And what about images that are tall rather than
    wide ?

I ask because I’m preparing a site for an artist and some paintings are tall ( meaning 3000 x 4000) … well I think you know what I mean.

Thank you in advanced for any suggestion

Bill Robbins

Frank,

Good question. It is possible to change those values, but they do have to be consistent through the site. So if you pick a new size it’ll need to apply to every image. If you have an image that has a different layout, you’ll need to crop or letterbox it to fit.

So here’s how to change the image sizes. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit. From the files on your right, choose images.php and find this line:

add_image_size('slide', 960, 620, true);

The 960 here is the width and the 620 is the height. I would suggest only changing the height. Make your changes there and then save them.

Next go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.single .front { /* height of image area for pages/posts */
    	max-height: 620px;
    }

#home-sidebar { /* height of panel area on home page */
    	height: 590px;
    }

#panel { /* height of panel on pages/posts */
    	height: 551px;
    }

/* height of panel on tablet sized devices */
    @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1023px) {

#panel {
    		height: 414px;
    	}

}

Here you’ll need to adjust the heights of these spots to make everything fit. I’ve put labels next to them so you know what everything is.

Also changing the image sizes won’t affect any images already uploaded. To change those, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Image size for Slider’ is closed to new replies.