IE display problems

Support Area Forums Photobug IE display problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Tomasz Herbasz
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed that when opened the website in IE (newest version) my “logo” text is split into two parts – it does not look that nice 😉 well, logo does not look nice any way – I have no ideas 🙁

Could you help with this, please?

ps
    avatar in “about me” (on the right) does not display in IE!?

http://www.herbi-scout.co.uk

regards,
    Herbi

Bill Robbins

Herbi,

I took a look in IE 7-10 and here’s what I’m seeing:

IE 7

IE 8

IE 9

IE 10

I just wanted to make sure we were seeing the same things there. Let me know if you see something different and which version you’re having trouble with.

For your logo, one option you might consider is going to the Font Finder at Veer.com. You can test out text in any of their fonts, plus adjust the size and color. The previews that are generated are PNG image files. You can drag and drop them to your desktop to save them or right click on them and save them.

I often do that to test out new typefaces for logos in designs I’m working on. It could be a good way for you to find a nice looking logo too.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Tomasz Herbasz
    Participant

Hi Bill,

thanks for prompt reply.

I see something different on my computer. Here is screenshot: http://s457640262.websitehome.co.uk/stuff/IEnopicture.jpg

I am using Windows 8 – IE version 10.

Thanks VERY much for tip regarding logos. I am experimenting, but so far so good 😉

Bill Robbins

Herbi,

I wonder if it’s a security or privacy setting in IE 10 that’s causing the trouble. Or a IE plugin. The gravatar image is loaded from an external website which may not be allowed in your security settings. If you can see other images on your site, but not the gravatar, then I’m pretty sure that’s the source of the trouble.

I’m afraid I don’t know where to tell you to look. I’m a Mac user and while I have access to IE through a service I use, I don’t have the ability to access the security settings of that browser.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Tomasz Herbasz
    Participant

no worries, thanks for your time anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘IE display problems’ is closed to new replies.