How to upload the sample data.xml file to the Authentic theme

Support Area Forums Authentic How to upload the sample data.xml file to the Authentic theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jeff Caldwell
    Participant

I am new to Word Press and this theme (Authentic) I have it installed and now I am looking how to upload the sample data.xml file.

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

Thank you for your business and welcome to WordPress too. One area that’s a bit weak in the WordPress world is the import/export feature.

Here’s what to do:

1. Download the sample data from our site and unzip the file.
    2. Next go to the Tools section and select Import.
    3. Follow the prompts there to choose WordPress as the type. It will install a plugin. Activate it.
    4. Then browse for the file you downloaded and unzipped on your computer.
    5. Select it and import it.
    6. Follow the prompts there and the import will complete.

That will have the sample data moved over for you. Unfortunately the theme settings and widgets are not part of the export. If you’d like me to set them up just like the demo for you, send an email to support@organizedthemes.com with the URL to your site and also a login and I’ll make it just like the demo for you.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Jeff Caldwell
    Participant

Thanks Now I am addressing the missing top nav. I thought I saw a thread on just that.

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

Fantastic. You can set up the navigation menu by going to the Appearance section and selecting Menu. There you’ll find the menu from the demo. You can assign it to a “location” in the theme in the top left of that screen. That should make the selected menu appear for you.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to upload the sample data.xml file to the Authentic theme’ is closed to new replies.