how to create a new widget area

Support Area Forums Authentic how to create a new widget area

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.anapozo.com.mialias.net/
  • Author
    Paloma Hernandez
    Participant

Hello,
    I am fresh new in this , thank you in advanced .
    I would like to add a text widget under the slide show
    Would that be possible?
    Again Thank you
    Paloma

Bill Robbins

Paloma,

Thank you for your business. Great question. You can add a text widget below the slideshow. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Widgets. On the left you’ll see the available widgets and on your right, you’ll see the theme’s widget areas (sidebars). Click on the Home Bottom widget area to “open” it up. Then drag a text widget from the left and drop it on the Home Bottom widget area on your right. You can then add your text there and click save when you’re finished. That should add a text widget below the slider for you.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Paloma,

You can add text above what’s already in your home bottom widget area. Just add the text widget above the other widgets there and it will be at the top. You can add in as many widgets there as you’d like to without having to create a new widget area. If you need to style the widget differently so it is full width or something like that, let me know and I can show you how.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Paloma,

I’d be glad to help you style that. Go on and place your widgets in the order you’d like to have them. They will appear in the order they are listed.

Once you have that set let me know. At the moment when I click on your site I’m getting an authorization required login. If you’ll let me know how to get past that, I’ll be able to see your site and send over instructions that’ll work for you. You can mark the reply as private here in the forum and no one will be able to see it but if you’d like to.

Thanks,
    Bill

Paloma Hernandez
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Paloma,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner today. I just tried to login and I’m getting an error message saying that either the Username or Password I’m trying is not working. I copied and pasted from the reply above. Would you mind checking on those for me?

Thanks,
    Bill

Paloma Hernandez
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    Never mind, I am not in a hurry at all. I have been cheking all the tutorials and all the info that you supply. I have learnt many things. I have created a child theme. I think I am on the right track.
    But I am changing my design as I go ! Probably because I am learning, but is fun.
    So forget about the previous request, now I was wondering if I could add a dividing line or image between the logo and main menu ant the rest of the page.
    Would that be possilbe?
    Also I would like to change the lines under the titles for dots for example , is that possible?
    Thank you very much
    Paloma

Bill Robbins

Paloma,

I’m glad you’re having fun learning. You can add in a border line between the logo/menu (we’ll call this the header) and the rest of the page. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

header#primary {
      	border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;
      }

3. Just change the #333333 to the color border you’d like to have there.
    4. Update your settings.

That should add in a border to the bottom of the header for you. You can add this to your Custom CSS to change the widget titles from a solid border to a dotted one:

h3.widget-title {
    	border-bottom-style: dotted;
    }

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Paloma Hernandez
    Participant

Bill , thank you very much! , that worked perfect.
    Paloma

Bill Robbins

Fantastic Paloma. If you need anything else, just let me know 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘how to create a new widget area’ is closed to new replies.