How to build the slideshow of image in the front page?

Support Area Forums United How to build the slideshow of image in the front page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Simon Chan
    Participant

Please, I want to build the front page with a slide show of images, but I don’t know how to do it. Call help!

Bill Robbins

Simon, good question. First you’ll need to create a home page. The United Theme Documentation has a section on how to create a page for your home page.

Once you’ve done that, to add slides, go to the Media section and select Slides. There you can create both image and video slides. Here’s a quick video that can show you how that works:

The video is made with the Progress theme, but the idea is the same.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Simon Chan
    Participant

Thanks Bill with best regards!

Bill Robbins

Anytime Simon.

Larry Herbert
    Participant

Good morning! I followed your instructions and yet no slideshow! Now…..I am moving to your UNITED Theme from another that had a WOW Slider. I have deactivated that slider. Anything else I need to do???

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Larry,

Thank you for your business first of all. Any chance you could send a link to where you’re working with the theme so I can take a closer look for you?

Bill

Bill Robbins

Larry,

Thanks for sending over the link. It looks like you’re almost there. The home page with the slideshow has a separate page template that you’ll need to use. To do that, edit your home page and look in the right hand column. You’ll find a box there labeled “Attributes” with a drop-down menu there for page templates. Choose “Home” from that drop-down and update your changes.

The content for the home page template is made up of widgets, so you’ll need to add your content that way instead how you would on a normal page. You can use a text widget to enter text if you need to.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to build the slideshow of image in the front page?’ is closed to new replies.