How to add content to home page

Support Area Forums Moonrise How to add content to home page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://camponodc.com/
  • Author
    Gabe Seiden
    Participant

Hi,
    For some reason I can’t add any content to the home page sections. I’m trying to add the Home Block – Page Content Widget so that I can add a Daily Specials page to the top of the home page. But it doesn’t seem to work at all. Please help.

Bill Robbins

Hi Gabe,

Sorry for the trouble there. Are you saying you’re not able to change any of your widgets now? Have you tried both in the Appearance > Widgets screen in your dashboard and the widget section of the customizer? Occasionally I’ve seen a site have trouble with one, but not the other.

Let me know how that goes, or if it’s something else and we’ll go from there.

Bill

Gabe Seiden
    Participant

Hi Bill,

It’s strange. When I try to make changes in Appearance/ Widgets – I get the spinning circle. I’ve tried to add a text widget as well as Home Block Section widget and neither works.

However, when I try to make the change from the widget section of the customizer it works just fine. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
    Gabe

Bill Robbins

Hey Gabe,

It could be some type of javascript error on the widgets page that’s keeping the changes from saving. Since the customizer is really outside of the admin, it wouldn’t have some of the scripts loaded there that the regular widgets section does. That could allow it to work when the old one does not.

You could try disabling your plugins, clearing out your browser’s cache and then refreshing your Appearance > Widgets screen in your browser. If it works then, you could turn your plugins back on, one by one until it stops. That can be a way to uncover the source of a conflict.

At least since it does work in the customizer you’re not locked out totally. I once had a conflict on this site between the membership plugin and the download plugin. I had to disable the membership one any time I needed to create a new download for a few weeks.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add content to home page’ is closed to new replies.