How did you create this?

Support Area Forums Grassroots How did you create this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    james lee
    Participant

In your sample page you have picture over text that says

Grassroots
    You have an organization to run. Stop worrying about your website and go with Grassroots today!

How did you create that?

thanks

Bill Robbins

Hi James,

In the demo that section uses a home block page content widget. It pulls the content from the page of your choice and displays it via a widget. One way to do that is to add the content you’d like to display to the content area of your home page. Then in the widget, select the home page as the source for the widget’s content. That way to edit/update that area in the future, all you have to do is edit your home page. You could also use a widget like BlackStudio TinyMCE plugin’s visual editor widget. It basically has the same editor from the page/post screen in a widget. To me it’s better than the built in text widget especially when you want to insert images and items like that.

The Grassroots there is an image file that’s been inserted and all the content is center aligned.

You can add a background to any home block from inside the theme options page. I added a background there and set it to have a fixed position. That causes the other content to scroll past it while the image says in place.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

james lee
    Participant

I reallyt appreciate your quick response. You have the best customer service.

Would it be possible for you to lead me step by step?

I am not understanding your instruction.

I am particularly interested in your front page where you have “Grassroots” image and fixed image background with text on top of it.

Thank You

Bill Robbins

Hi James,

Here’s what I would do to set up something like that:

1. Go to the plugins section in your dashboard and select the Add New Option. Search for Black Studio TinyMCE widget plugin and install/activate it. It adds a new widget called Visual Editor.
    2. Now go to the Appearance section in your Dashboard and click on Widgets. Look on the left for the Visual Editor widget we just installed and drag it to the home block where you’d like to have your content like the demo be.
    3. Use the editor there in the widget to add any text and media you’d like to have there. This will be the foreground. We’ll add the background image separately in a minute. When you’re finished, save your widget.
    4. Now go to the Theme Options page, also in the appearance section of your dashboard and choose the Home Sections tab. Check the box next to the home section where you added the widget to open up its styling options. Use the options there to add a background image to this home block. Set the background attachment to be fixed and the scaling to “cover.” Then save your changes.

That should give you a content section that’s like the one in the demo.

I appreciate the kind words. If you need help, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

james lee
    Participant

perfect thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How did you create this?’ is closed to new replies.