homepage single slide not showing

Support Area Forums Forward homepage single slide not showing

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://schoolhouseresources.com
  • Author
    Joseph Jaramillo
    Participant

Hey I setup a basic site with your Forward theme and demo content a few weeks ago. It worked great initially but I checked the site this morning and the single home page slide and text was missing. All I could see was a blank white space. Also the font is not consistent across browsers (Safari & Chrome) on my MacBook, although I wasn’t careful with my font choices.

Here’s what I did to troubleshoot:

1. selected home page and made sure template was set to home
    2. went to slide and made sure slide text and featured image was set
    3. went to reading under settings and made sure front page was set to home
    4. checked home page widget. it was blank so i added page content widget and set page to home

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hi Joseph,

I took a quick look and noticed most of the javascript files that the theme loads are receiving a 403 forbidden error when they are accessed. Looks like there is a server permission issue keeping those from loading. It could be something in the server’s htaccess file or it could be a file permission issue that you could fix via FTP. I don’t know where specifically the trouble is, but I think that’s what has things messed up at the moment.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Joseph Jaramillo
    Participant

Hey Bill, thanks for the reply! I logged in via SFTP and changed permissions to 755 for the contents of the js folder in wp-includes but didn’t see any change. Here’s my .htaccess file code:

AddHandler php-stable .php
    # BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress

Thanks for your help!

Alejandro Paredes
    Participant

I had the same problem I need to re upload the theme!

Bill Robbins

Hey Joseph,

You might try Ale’s option of deleting the theme and then uploading it again. If you do it through the WordPress admin that should in theory give you the correct permissions and ownership. If that doesn’t work, we’ll probably need to enlist the help of the web host since they’re coming up with a forbidden error.

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘homepage single slide not showing’ is closed to new replies.