Home page slide does not show when adding more than one slide

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Home page slide does not show when adding more than one slide

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Thomas Cetkowski
    Participant

using WP 3.5.2. I set up the home page according to the instructions. In my Responsive Visual theme, The image slideshow only shows up if I have a single slide. Once I add another, I get what you see here: http://mercersmart.com/

no navigation menu, no home page sidebar, and no slides

thanks!

Bill Robbins

Thomas,

Thank you for your business first of all. I took a look at your site and it appears that the “Sponsors Carousel” plugin is replacing WordPress default version of jQuery (version 1.8.3) with an older version (1.4.2). That’s causing the slideshow to break which forms the structure for the home page, so it’s keeping your content from being visible.

Try either removing the plugin or seeing if the author has an updated version that uses the version of jQuery that’s bundled with WordPress and that should take care of it.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Thomas Cetkowski
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks Bill. I guess I have some hacking to do to someone’s plugin.

Bill Robbins

Sorry about the extra hacking. If you can find where they de-register jQuery and then register their own, hopefully taking those out will fix it.

Have fun!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page slide does not show when adding more than one slide’ is closed to new replies.