Home Menu Button

Support Area Forums Authentic Home Menu Button

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Tina Walther
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m using the Authentic Theme for one of my client’s website and am having trouble with the Home button, in the menu bar, going back to the Home page. I do know that in the Reading Settings with in WordPress you have to set it to “Display Your Latest Post” for it to show the built in Home page, but how do you get the Home button in the menu to go back to the home page.

I’ve changed the Home button to a page and a post, but they just link over to a regular page and post.

Sorry if that’s confusing. The website is jaronandassociates.com and hopefully you’ll see what I mean.

Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Tina,

Sorry for the confusion. For strange reason, WordPress likes to hide the “home” link when you’re setting up your menus. You are correct that you want to have your reading settings set to “show your latest posts.”

After you set that, go to the navigation builder (Appearance > Menu) and look for the pages box in the left hand column.

Click the “view all” tab in that box. WordPress will add in a “home” link there that you can include in your navigation.

Give that a shot and let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Tina Walther
    Participant

Hi Bill,

That worked! I didn’t even think to look there.

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

It’s pretty well hidden. Hopefully that will change someday.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Menu Button’ is closed to new replies.