Hiding the comments field on pages?

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Hiding the comments field on pages?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

Also – can you direct me to instructions on how to set up pages in the rest of the site to be formatted similarly to the Home page, but obviously with unique content in the content bar to the left or right? I want to set up my pages to be the way the Home page is, with the body copy in one column to the left or right, and with the comments field hidden.

Bill Robbins

Michelle,

Thank you for your business first of all and great question. Here’s how to add a page that looks like the home page as one of your inside pages.

1. Go to pages and select “Add New.”
    2. Write the copy for your page in the main content box.
    3. If you’d like to have a slideshow, first click the upload/insert button just above the main content box.
    4. Upload all images you’d like to have in your slideshow there and save your changes.
    5. Next look in the right hand column for a box labeled “format.” In that box select “gallery” and then publish your page.
    6. If you’d like to have a stationary image as your background, then choose the “image” format and then click the link down below that that says “featured image.” There you can upload an image and select it as the “featured image” which will set it in the background like the slideshow, just by itself.

There is also an options box just below that lets you choose how to position the content box (left, right or hidden).

You can also turn off comments on pages by unchecking the comments box that’s right below the main content box too.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Michelle
    Participant

Perfect, thank you. I think I had gotten most of that down already, but I don’t see the comments box you’re referring to. Is it in the Edit Page interface? I see where you choose the Format, and below that, the Page Attributes, for which my options are Parent (I don’t need to nest this into a parent page), and Template: Default Template, Custom Feed, Full Width, Home Page, Podcast Archive and Staff Archive. I’m assuming I want the Default Template, as there’s no feed, I don’t want an image only, and the Home Page is the right format but I don’t want to repeat the sidebar content obviously.

Below the Layout Options, there aren’t any other sections with options such as to uncheck the Comments.

Thanks again!
    -Michelle

Bill Robbins

Michelle,

Sometimes WordPress likes to hide various sections to make things look a bit cleaner. When you’re editing a page, look in the top right corner and you’ll see a tab labeled “screen options.” Click it and a panel will open up with a series of checkboxes. Make sure the box next to “comments” is checked and you should be able to then select if comments are visible.

There’s also a shortcut to finding the allow comments on a page or post. In the page list where all of your WordPress pages are listed, click “Quick Edit” while hovering over any page title and that will open up the details of that page. One of the options there is for comments.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding the comments field on pages?’ is closed to new replies.