Hero image on campaign page not showing completely

Support Area Forums Grassroots Hero image on campaign page not showing completely

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://food4good.ca
  • Author
    Henry Motta
    Participant

Could you please give me some guidance in how to fix this problem, thank you.

Henry

Bill Robbins

Hi Henry,

In order to have the hero image completely fill the space, there will always be some cropping. The closer the image’s aspect ratio is to the aspect ratio of the browser window, the less cropping there will be. When the ratios are further apart, then there is more cropping.

The best way to approach this is to have the main content of your image close to the center of the image. You need some buffer within the image itself so that when cropping occurs you don’t lose anything vital.

That’s the best advice I can offer for approaching the hero section and images cropping there. If you have any questions, let me know.

Bill

Henry Motta
    Participant

Sorry for my ignorance, but the problem I see is that home1 has moved into hero image territory, partially covering the hero image. ios devices are showing what I want, explorer and chrome shows the home1 section moving in hero image territory. any other comments?

I really need some more instructions.

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Henry,

Sorry for not understanding what you were saying there. What I’m seeing on your site both in iOS, Chrome, Safari and Firefox is the hero image, the one with the grapes in someone’s hands as filling the full height and width of the browser window. The only items I see covering the grapes are the logo/navigation area and the hero text.

Below that is a very thin strip of a background image from Home Two. It doesn’t appear to have any content in the row so it is very short which only leaves a small amount of the image visible. You could make the row taller and allow more of the image to be seen by adding some content there.

Looking at the site visually and also through the code, I’m not seeing Home One used there. I’m attaching a screenshot to show what I see after I’ve scrolled down just a bit.

Let me know what you’re seeing and we’ll go from there.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Hero image on campaign page not showing completely’ is closed to new replies.