Hero Button Floating up

Support Area Forums Kerygma Hero Button Floating up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://tsalicycles.com/hours/
  • Author
    gmlongjr
    Participant

Hey man, having trouble with the button box floating up on the hero section of this and all pages I’ve tried using the hero. Can you give me a pointer on where to adjust this in the theme?

Thanks,
    Gary Long

Loving this theme, btw.

Bill Robbins

Hello Gary,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. That’s my bad there. The layout of the hero section is dependent on the hero title. It adds the spacing to keep everything roughly in the middle of the screen. With it absent, the button floats up under the header.

We can apply the same padding to the button though so it’ll stay down in place. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.hero-button-holder {
      	padding-top: 250px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know. For the next update, I’ll incorporate a way to keep that from happening, so when 1.0.2 is released, you may need to remove that.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

gmlongjr
    Participant

That rocked it. What would I add for the same issue with hero titles and captions?

Bill Robbins

Hey Gary,

Are you going to use the titles and captions on some pages and not on others? If you are, then instead of adding the code to the Custom CSS box, I would suggest using a plugin called Style Buddy. It adds a box that lets you add in custom styling on a per page basis. Then on pages where you don’t have a caption or title, use the code from above. On a page where there is only a caption, you would use this:

.hero-caption {
    	padding-top: 250px;
    }

and on pages with a title, you shouldn’t need anything.

See how that works out for you,
    Bill

gmlongjr
    Participant

Sweet. And thanks, your templates are great.

Side note – I’m using an appointment plug in from Templatic.com so this bike shop can have a simple/cheap reservation system for their rental bikes. I’ll upgrade it to a full functioning booking plug in when their budget allows. However, using the plug in I’ve got on there, it seems to interfere with your events page option. Do you ever come across this type of use and have a work around?

Thanks,
    Gary

Bill Robbins

That’s a good question. I can’t say I have any experience with the booking plugin. If I had to choose between a booking system and the events calendar, I’d go to with the booking plugin if it’s working because there are fewer options there. You might try looking at the Sugar Events Calendar plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/sugar-calendar-lite/) and see if it works out better. You could also check with Modern Tribe (http://tri.be) to see if they are aware of the conflict and if they have any advice.

Let me know if I can help out,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hero Button Floating up’ is closed to new replies.