Google Fonts not working

Support Area Forums Elite Google Fonts not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.innernutritionist.com/duplicate/
  • Author
    Carly Gardner
    Participant

I had some google fonts working with my site (‘Kaushan Script’, cursive;’) but after upgrading the Elite theme today they are no longer working.

I’ve verified my @import statements are in the custom CSS, I’ve tried using the font in <span> classes directly inside the page and I’ve also tried creating a class in the custom CSS ‘scriptfont’ and calling that, but it isn’t working either.

Any help would be great!

Carly Gardner
    Participant

Update: I can see the google fonts on my mobile device, but not on my Chrome browser. No idea why!

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Carly,

Sorry for the trouble there. I have had intermittent trouble using @import in the Custom CSS to load Google fonts. It looks like the actual font file doesn’t always load. I ran a quick test of the site at http://tools.pingdom.com and it didn’t appear that their tester loaded those two fonts.

Here’s what I would suggest. Instead of using @import to add them, go to the Theme Options page and choose the advanced tab. You’ll see three pairs of fields here for using custom Google fonts that aren’t part of the built in list.

In the Custom Google Font 1 Name, enter this:

Kaushan Script

In the Custom Google Font 1 Font Family enter this:

Kaushan Script, cursive

Then for the Font 2 Name, use this:

Allura

and for the font 2 family use this:

Allura, cursive

After that you can take out the @import statements from the Custom CSS. Save your changes and that should help the files load like we need.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any trouble.

Take care,
    Bill

Carly Gardner
    Participant

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the response!

Its working on Chrome for Mac, and mobile devices, but not IE, Edge, or Chrome for Windows. Any idea why?

Bill Robbins

Hi Carly,

One thing I forgot. That fonts will need to be selected as the font for at least one element on the site using the font select drop downs in the theme options page. It doesn’t look like the hero text is being used, so you could set one to be the hero title and the other to be the hero caption.

See if that doesn’t take care of it. Let me know how it goes.

Bill

Carly Gardner
    Participant

Ah thank you! That fixed it!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Fonts not working’ is closed to new replies.