Gibberish – Homepage Menu

Support Area Forums Bottega Gibberish – Homepage Menu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: coastalcorr.com
  • Author
    David Bozard
    Participant

Hello,

For some odd reason, the titles to some of my menu headings on my home page look like gibberish or some sort of Russian slang. If I refresh the page it fixes itself, however, every time I go to the homepage for the first time this happens. What is causing this issue. I’ve attached a screenshot for reference. Thanks in advance!

Bill Robbins

Hello David,

That is most unusual. I noticed the font trouble right away in Chrome, but didn’t run into it in Safari or Firefox. I ran through some of the various fixes for Chrome’s font irregularities that have come up over the years, but none of them seem to fix the initial load issue.

I did try one thing that seems to work though. We can change how the font is loaded onto the site. If you’d like to try that, here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose header.php.
    3. Find this line:

</head>

and right above that, add this:

(Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email).

4. Save your changes.

That seems to have fixed it at least when I tested with your content locally on my computer. If that doesn’t do the trick, you may want to go with a different font.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

David Bozard
    Participant

That worked! I appreciate your help Bill! Thanks again for your assistance and great themes!

Bill Robbins

More than happy to help out David. Thanks for using my themes and let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Gibberish – Homepage Menu’ is closed to new replies.