Gap between logo and Slideshow

Support Area Forums Progress Gap between logo and Slideshow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Adam Chetty
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Any idea’s on how to remove that gap between the logo in the top left and the Slideshow below? (where the tagline would normally go)

Also – is there any way to completely remove the Donation bar at the bottom of the home slide?

Many thanks

Adam

Adam Chetty
    Participant

Sorry Bill – Don’t need to answer the question about the donation bar, I found the option 😛

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Adam,

It may sound odd, but I believe the gap there is caused by the tagline. Normally we could take out the space by setting the tagline to display: none, but we need it to clear a float, so that’s not an option. Instead we’ll use a negative bottom margin on the logo. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. At the top of that page, choose yes to include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#logo {
      	margin-bottom: -30px;
      }

4. Update your settings.

See if that won't do the trick. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Adam Chetty
    Participant

Beauty! That did the trick perfectly, thank you Bill and a good morning to you too.

One more thing, Im wanting to experiment with this theme a little and take things in a different direction… Is there a way to remove the home page slide altogether and allow the widgets to come up in its place?

Bill Robbins

You can do that. What you’ll need to do is edit the page-home.php file and delete this (it’s a good chunk of the home page):

<?php if(of_get_option('front_page') == 'image') { ?>
    			<div id="slideshow">
    				<div class="flexslider">
    					<ul class="slides">
    						<?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( 'post_type' => 'slide', 'posts_per_page' => '-1', 'orderby'=>'menu_order', 'order'=>'ASC' ) ); ?>
    						<?php while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); ?>

<li>

<a href="<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "slideurl", TRUE); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('single'); ?></a>
    								<?php if(get_post_meta($post->ID, "caption_title", $single = true) != ""){ ?>
    									<h4 class="flex-caption"><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "caption_title", TRUE); ?></h4>
    								<?php } ?>
    								<?php if(get_post_meta($post->ID, "caption_text", $single = true) != ""){ ?>
    									<p class="flex-caption"><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "caption_text", TRUE); ?></p>
    								<?php } ?>

</li>

<?php endwhile; ?><?php wp_reset_query(); ?>
    					</ul>	
    				</div>
    			</div>
    		<?php } elseif(of_get_option('front_page') == 'video') { ?>
    			<div id="featured-video">
    				<div class="video">
        				<?php echo of_get_option('video_embed'); ?>
        			</div>
        		</div>
        	<?php } ?>

Once you save your changes that should just leave the bar (if you’re using it) and the widgets.

Have fun!

Adam Chetty
    Participant

Awesome, thank you bill. I backed up the Page in-case I decide to go back to the slide. removing the code did the trick nicely. Thanks a lot, have a nice day bud.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Adam…you too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Gap between logo and Slideshow’ is closed to new replies.