gallery issue

Support Area Forums Agency gallery issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://battagliahomes.com/blog/
  • Author
    Participant

the topic got closed on this same issue. I can turn the lightbox off but I need the feature to work. You will see that if the lightbox is turned off then the site visitor can not scroll throught the images. They just view the one image in showcase mode. But I want the site visitor to be able to next and prev through the images with the captions but the captions do not show up and then there is the showcase image that pops up and then the lightbox gallery over that. The plugin in author is certain that it is not theme. Every setting I have tried does not resolve the issue. Do you have any advise? Thanks so much!

Bill Robbins

You’re welcome to use the built in gallery if it helps you out. It’s built to make use of WordPress’ native gallery feature. There’s a video on the home page of our support site if you haven’t used it before.

The lightbox will be used on any link that points to an image file. However, the previous/next arrows will only appear within a gallery, so if you need to have them present, you’ll need to use WordPress’ galleries.

The captions in the lightbox come from the title tag that’s added to the link (the a tag). WordPress does not add those in galleries. You can add a filter to change that if you want to.

To do that, add this to the bottom of the functions.php file:

Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email.

That will set the title of the image to be the caption. Just make sure to enter a title for your images so you don’t end up with a file name there.

Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘gallery issue’ is closed to new replies.