Gallery arrows

Support Area Forums Selfie Gallery arrows

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: www.talhouk.cl
  • Author
    pablo talhouk
    Participant

Hi Bill, i know we can set the delay for the arrows in the advanced tab in the theme options. I tried using a long time, but it still is confusing people, because when they move the cursor outside of the arrows it disappears, and moving the cursor back down doesn’t make arrows to apear.

So my question is: Is it possible to force the arrows to be always shown? And could it be possible to make the black background be white with 50% transparent with the arrows black?

Best regards,
    Cote

P.D. I hide the plus sign in my web and change it for a white dot for people not find it while completing the web.

Bill Robbins

Cote,

Excellent question. The best option the lightbox has is to set a long delay. It does not have a method we can use to keep them present on laptops/desktops. If the developer of the lightbox adds one, I will quickly incorporate it into the theme. But as of now, there’s not a way outside of the timing, to change it at all.

Sorry about that,
    Bill

pablo talhouk
    Participant

And can I contact the developer? maybe he has a web or something to tell him about this. Can you share that info with me?

Saludos,
    Pablo

Bill Robbins

Pablo,

You’re welcome to ask the developer. The page for the project on Github is at https://github.com/brutaldesign/swipebox . If you find out anything let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

pablo talhouk
    Participant

Great, thanks, I notice you how it goes.

pablo talhouk
    Participant

Finally I didn’t know were to ask the developer. Seems they would not help.
    Is it possible to install another plugin? I tried installing one, but the default gallery continued there.

Thanks,
    Pablo

Bill Robbins

Hey Pablo,

In this case those are different types of plugins. Swipe box is a jQuery (javascript) plugin and not a WordPress plugin. It’s also pretty tightly integrated into the theme itself.

You could place a question in the github issues for the plugin. That would be the spot to ask the developer about it.

I haven’t dug into the javascript that makes up the swipe box, but I’ll see if I can uncover anything in it that may help. I can’t make any promises there, but I’ll take a look.

Bill

Bill Robbins

After digging around in the javascript a bit I think (I hope) I’ve found a way to keep the caption and navigation bars up at all times. Give this a shot:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#swipebox-action {
      	bottom: 0;
      }

#swipebox-caption {
      	top: 0;
      }

#swipebox-caption.visible-bars {
      	top: -50px;
      }

#swipebox-action.visible-bars {
      	bottom: -50px;
      }

#swipebox-action, #swipebox-caption {
      	-webkit-transition : 0 !important;
      	-moz-transition : 0 !important;
      	-o-transition : 0 !important;
      	-khtml-transition : 0 !important;
      	transition : 0 !important;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

pablo talhouk
    Participant

You made it! It works, thank you a lot!

Bill Robbins

Glad that did the trick at last 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Gallery arrows’ is closed to new replies.