Full width div on page

Support Area Forums Elite Full width div on page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.innernutritionist.com/duplicate/nutrition-psychology/
  • Author
    Carly Gardner
    Participant

Hey Bill,

I’m trying to find a way to have a full width background to a section like you do on the home page with #home-one and so on.

On the http://www.innernutritionist.com/duplicate/nutrition-psychology/ page I’m just trying to have the grey background stretch the whole screen.

I’ve got a div class set up with 100% width but obviously that isn’t the way to do it. I haven’t seen this anywhere in the forums yet. Let me know if you can help!

Thanks, Greg

Bill Robbins

Hi Greg,

Good question. On pages other than the home page, there is a “wrap” that sets a maximum width for the content on the page and also centers the content. What you’ll need to do is set the wrap on that page to be 100% width instead of the default. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.page-id-2649 .wrap {
      	width: 100%;
      }

.page-id-2649 .wrap #content {
      	padding-left: 0;
      	padding-right: 0;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should set the wrap to be 100% width. It’ll also remove the padding on the content area which would also keep the box from the edge. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Carly Gardner
    Participant

Thanks again! You 100% have the best support I’ve ever seen for wordpress themes. My company will definitely be buying more of your themes!

-Greg

Bill Robbins

Thanks Greg…I really do appreciate it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Full width div on page’ is closed to new replies.