Full Width and Video templates not working

Support Area Forums United Full Width and Video templates not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://servingyourpurpose.com
  • Author
    Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

While editing my site today, all of the pages reverted to having an empty column on the right. I have them each set at full width, double checked the Theme Options-General-Default Layout, and the Widgets page. All are set to full width and no widgets are in any of the sections.

Any ideas how to get it back to full width?

Thanks!
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

Hmmm…that’s a bit unusual. Each page/post there is a layout control you can use to set that page’s sidebar/no sidebar arrangement. It will override whatever is set in the theme options page.

But we can always use a bit of CSS to make a global change if you need to. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#content {
      	width: 100%;
      }

#sidebar {
      	display: none;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should remove the sidebar everywhere too.

Let me know if it gives you any trouble,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hmm… the css code worked for the text, but the Video Format still isn’t working… (my screenshot is attached)
    http://servingyourpurpose.com/speaking/ (no video showing)

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

It’s seems like something is off with the post “meta-data” on the site. I’m not sure why or what. Just out of curiosity. Let’s try giving the page a title again and update the page one more time. See if that makes a difference for you. I recently saw someone else who had a page without a title that couldn’t set a featured image. Once they added a title, it began to work again. Might be worth a shot.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Yep, that did the trick. Once I added a title (and then hid the titles with the css code you gave me in another thread), I was able to set the video feature easily. Strange quirk, but an easy fix. Thanks Bill!

Bill Robbins

It is rather unusual. In the WordPress test data pack that WordPress.org makes available to test themes with a host of content, there’s even one without a title. I think that used to work. Perhaps we’ve discovered a core bug that needs to be fixed.

Have a great afternoon Ashley

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Thanks Bill!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Full Width and Video templates not working’ is closed to new replies.