Forward display issues

Support Area Forums Forward Forward display issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://pilgrimradio.com/test/
  • Author
    agapeartist
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I have a couple questions.
    1. The main navigation menu does not always display properly. It happens often on my laptop – using Windows7 and Internet Explorer 11. I have attached a PDF of it.
    2. I can’t get the main navigation menu to work on my touchscreen tablet – the options disappear before I can select one. It’s a Windows Surface Pro running Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 11. The main menu navigation DOES work on my touchscreen tablet if I use Google Chrome.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Cassie

Bill Robbins

Hi Cassie,

At the moment I’m getting an error in the footer of the site so the javascript isn’t there to run the menu for me (it’s loaded in the footer). If you can clear that up, I’ll see what I can spot.

Bill

agapeartist
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I am working with Cassie on this website. I am not getting an error in the footer on my end so I am not sure why you would be getting an error on your end. I see that your code contains the date() PHP function which was giving me some issues recently on a different site. I installed the update to the theme, but the date() function is still being used. Does this have anything to do with the error that you are seeing? Thanks for your help in getting this footer issue resolved so that we can get the navigation menu issue resolved.

Christine

Bill Robbins

Hi Christine,

It looks like the site is loading properly now. Before the content stopped after the home page widgets, but now it is all there so that’s good.

Let’s do this for the drop downs. Go to the Customizer and click on the advanced spot. In the box for Custom CSS add this:

.flexnav li {
    	list-style-type: none !important;
    }

and save your changes. See if that won’t help out the drop downs on your laptop.

For the drop downs on the Surface, it’s not likely to make a difference. It appears that the creator of this particular drop down system has decided to stop working on the project so there are no updates to the menu system specifically. I have been looking at replacing it with some different javascript to run it. I will see if I can get that out for you this week.

With IE/Edge user share being so low on touch devices, I don’t own one to test with. At the moment it appears their share is around 2% of all web usage. If that grows then I would do more with them specifically. Hopefully swapping out the menu javascript will help out.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Forward display issues’ is closed to new replies.