Font used in Demo

Support Area Forums United Font used in Demo

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Robbins 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author

Steve Fronek
    Participant

Bill, what is the font used in the United demo for the main “United” and “Connect & Communicate” headline/tagline?

Thanks.

Steve Fronek
    Participant

In addition to the question above, I’m having trouble with the slider caption. If I put text in the “small” caption box, it shows up as large text. If I put something in the “large” caption box it shows small. It will also not show both large and small caption text at the same time as in the demo. Ideas how to fix?

Bill Robbins
    Keymaster

Sorry for the confusion over the labels in the captions. The “small” caption is not a reference to the size of the text, but rather the size of the caption box itself. Originally this was the only option and has enough room for one short heading.

About a month ago we added the large caption box which has more space. It also allows you to use HTML so you can add in larger or smaller text and other effects. We did have the wysiwyg editor there, but that was the line that caused trouble on your this morning, so I switched it to a text input. I have down to check this afternoon and see if I can turn back on the wysiwyg editor without it throwing an error there.

Until then you can specify larger text if you’d like to with a bit of basic HTML. To make something a heading you would use something like this:

<h1>This is a heading 1</h1>
    <h2>This is a heading 2</h2>
    <h3>This is a heading 3</h3>
    <h4>This is a heading 4</h4>

Just copy any of those lines (h1 is largest, h4 smallest) and then replace the text that says that’s a heading with your own text. That can be the bigger text for that slide’s caption. Then for paragraph level text, just add that below.

Another option is to enter the text you’d like to have on a page. Style it like you’d like to have it. Then click on the text tab at the top right corner of the main content box. You can then copy out the HTML and paste it into the slide caption. That’s another way to find the right HTML for that.

For the logo, it’s an image logo that was created with the Walburn Bold font (http://marketplace.veer.com/font/Walburn-SHT0000009). The tagline font is Open Sans.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins
    Keymaster

Steve,

I just released the update that hopefully will keep the errors from earlier from coming back and also turn back on the wysiwyg editor from earlier. That should make it easier to change text styles in the larger caption box.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Steve Fronek
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I updated but am getting an error again. It’s not as long as the last one. Your user account is still active if you could look please.

Bill Robbins
    Keymaster

Give it a try now. It also looks like wp_debug is enabled on the site. You may want to turn that off.

Let me know if you that doesn’t do the trick.

Thanks,
    Bill

Steve Fronek
    Participant

Look like it’s good now. Thanks. Had no idea wp debug was on. I’ll look into to. Thx again.

Bill Robbins
    Keymaster

Fantastic. Enjoy your evening and let me know if you have other questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Font used in Demo’ is closed to new replies.