Font issue

Support Area Forums Moonrise Font issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://dev.thalassaseafood.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/
  • Author
    RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I hope you’re well.

I have a problem with the font you installed on the theme. I’m not sure exactly what’s causing the issue maybe you’ll know. I have attached a screen grab to highlight the effected code.

Regards,
    Christian

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

I think you should go with a service like TypeKit. You’ll have best results that way.

Take care,
    Bill

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tip. I just had a look and did a search for my client’s font, but it wasn’t on there.

This theme is driving me insane. I just want to get the site finished.

The areas that are causing issues are the:

fonts

Google map, which is apparently being looked at by the plugin developer

The Instagram slider plugin, I’ve message the plugin support twice now, but haven’t heard back.

The header image, still waiting for a new design.

If you can help with the top three issues, please let me know how much it will cost.

Thanks,
    Christian.

Bill Robbins

Hi Christian,

For the fonts, I really think you need to pick something similar from a font service. Even if they don’t have the specific ones, go with something similar. It’ll work and you’ll be able to cross that off your list.

For the map, in your style.css file find this section:

.contact-map {
    	margin: 4px auto 30px;
    	padding: 10px 10px 7px;
      width: 600px;
    float: left;
    position: absolute;
    }

Making it absolute will keep it from being responsive. What I would suggest is deleting that. Then at the bottom of your style.css file add in this:

.contact-map {
    	margin: 4px auto 30px;
    	padding: 10px 10px 7px;
    	width: 600px;
    	float: left;
    }

.contact-content {
    	display: none;
    }

.contact .address-hours {
    	float: right;
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {

.contact-map,
    	.contact .address-hours {
    		width: auto;
    		float: none;
    		max-width: 100%;
    		-moz-box-sizing: border-box; 
    		-webkit-box-sizing: border-box; 
    		box-sizing: border-box; 
    	}

}

See if that doesn’t let the address fall in line next to the map and also make the map responsive.

There are some jQuery error on the page. I would suggest skipping on both the caching and minification until everything is set. That’s the last thing you want to work with. Sometimes minification can break code. Try turning disabling that and it might just fix things. Even if it doesn’t, it’ll make tracking down the trouble easier.

Take care,
    Bill

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your help.

Since deactivating the Scripts To Footer and WP Super Minify plugins the Instagram widget is now back and working!

One problem solved!

Thanks for the contact/map code, I’ve added it and it works a treat! Thank You.

Second problem solved 🙂

However, since adding the code, a new problem has appeared. The MailChimp sign up form is not showing under the Map as before.

I’ve checked and the MailChimp code is still on the contact page. Does this code need to be placed somewhere else? Maybe in a widget?

Thanks,
    Christian

Bill Robbins

For your MailChimp form, try adding it via a text after the contact widget on your home page. It can go in the same widget area as the contact, just right after it. You may need to add some styling to make the widget full width, but I think that will be the easier and more maintainable solution for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Font issue’ is closed to new replies.