Filter Scholarship Winners Based on Award Category

Support Area Forums Foundation Filter Scholarship Winners Based on Award Category

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://targetingexcellence.org/2016-scholarship-winners/
  • Author
    Dave Funderburke
    Participant

I would like to build identical pages to the master winner page but only include a specific state on that page. Is there a way to filter using a category but display based on a different category. For example: only show 2016-iowa winners on a page but display them in groups by 2016-graduate, 2016-bachelor, and 2016-associate. The only way I can figure out how to do it manually is to create new categories 2016-iowa-graduate, 2016-iowa-bachelor, and 2016-iowa-associate and do the same process for all the other states (4 this year but increasing every year). This will make the categories very long and cumbersome.

I am currently using your shortcode to build the master page. For example under the description of the graduate award I have:

[scholarship group=”2016-graduate”]

Bill Robbins

Hi Dave,

Good question. I believe the only taxonomy built into the sponsors is the categories. There isn’t essentially a tag taxonomy included there. So the only way that currently exists to do that would be to create separate categories. It is cumbersome, but would work.

The other option would be to modify the child theme so that it includes taxonomies for year and for state. Then change the shortcode so it accepts categories, plus years and states to create a list. It’s a fair amount of work so it’s not something that I could just make for you, but if you want to do that we can. Just let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Dave Funderburke
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I can make that for you. It’ll be the end of next week before I’ll have a chance though.

The students in a list can be sorted just about any way you’d like. Think through how you want to display them in every type of list you’d like to have. I can then craft shortcodes to display them in the ways you’d like.

Once you let me know how you’d like that to be, I can give you a quote. It’ll depend on the complexity and number of these that will need to be created.

Think about what you want this to be like now and also in a few years as more students have won. Then we can lay the foundation for that so you’re prepared for where you want to go.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Scholarship Winners Based on Award Category’ is closed to new replies.