Failure after Plugin an WordPress Update

Support Area Forums Umami Failure after Plugin an WordPress Update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.hotel-koerber.de
  • Author
    Philip Bolognesi
    Participant

Hello “Organized themes”-Team!

After a plugin an WordPress-Update our page was empty, white an no Admin-Login was there.
    Now I uninstall the nextgen-gallery-Plugin our site is now there, but in the header we find these message:
    Notice: Undefined index: WP_Widget_Recent_Comments in /mnt/webu/b3/85/56723585/htdocs/WordPress_01/wp-content/themes/umami/includes/widgets.php on line 36

What can I do to reach the WordPress-Dashboard with my login?

Thanks!
    Philip

Bill Robbins

Hi Philip,

You’re welcome to take that section out of the /includes/widgets.php file if you’d like to. WordPress used to insert some additional styling for the recent comments widget and that snippet removed that since it wasn’t necessary. I believe the WordPress core has pulled that out so you can take it out of the theme.

If you can access the WordPress dashboard, go to the Appearance section and click on edit. From the list of files on your right, choose widgets.php and delete this section:

// remove inline styling from recent comments widget
    	function organizedthemes_remove_recent_comments_style() {
    		global $wp_widget_factory;
    		remove_action( 'wp_head', array( $wp_widget_factory->widgets['WP_Widget_Recent_Comments'], 'recent_comments_style' ) );
    	}
    	add_action( 'widgets_init', 'organizedthemes_remove_recent_comments_style' );

and save your changes. That will take out the code referenced above.

You can also make that change inside your web host’s control panel by using their file browser. That would be how you can access the file if the WordPress dashboard isn’t available. Go to wp-content/themes/umami/includes/widgets.php to find that spot.

If you can’t log into your site (the front end is not pulling up for me now) and you suspect a plugin update go to your web host’s control panel and locate the file browser.

Then go to wp-content and you’ll see a folder there named plugins. Change the name of that folder to plugins1 and log into your WordPress site. Then go to the plugins screen in your dashboard. That will deactivate all of your plugins. You can then change the name of the folder back to plugins. From there you can turn them back on, one by one until you find the issue.

Let me know if I can help out,
    Bill

Philip Bolognesi
    Participant

Thank you very much, Bill! 🙂

Best wishes from Germany,
    Philip

Philip Bolognesi
    Participant

Ehmmmm, one more thing 🙂
    The stuff-site is empty, again.
    This is an old problem: https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/staff-site-empty/#post-34792

Can you help us again?

Philip

Bill Robbins

You can change that again. In your WordPress dashboard, click on the Appearance section and choose edit. From the list of files on your right, select page-staff-list.php. At the top of that file change “Full Staff List” to “Complete Staff List” and save your changes. Then edit the staff page and choose the “Complete Staff List” page template and update the page. See if that doesn’t do the trick this time around again.

Philip Bolognesi
    Participant

Yes, thank you! Everything is alright! 🙂

Philip

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Failure after Plugin an WordPress Update’ is closed to new replies.