Facebook widget

Support Area Forums Live Facebook widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Andy Daws
    Participant

Bill, I’m getting an error message that appears in the OT Facebook widget box when I try to link it to the URL for a Facebook group. The message reads:”Could not retrieve the specified page. Please verify correct href was passed in.” If I type the URL directly into a brwoser it takes me to the home page of the Facebook group. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Andy P.S. Looking forward to the update – I guess it must be almost ready?

Bill Robbins

Andy,

Unfortunately Facebook only allows their like boxes to work with “Pages.” They don’t allow them to be used with personal profiles or groups. It’s odd to me that they don’t allow them for open groups, but as of now, only pages are allowed.

If you’d like to use a like box, then you’ll need to create an actual page for your “fans” to like.

Still working on the update. Getting close, but I want to make sure I have it right before I send it out.

Bill

Andy Daws
    Participant

Hi again Bill, any ETA on the Live theme update? Can’t wait to get the new features for our site!

Bill Robbins

Andy,

So sorry. The one client I still do development for works primarily works for political campaigns and they have had me working like crazy for the last several weeks. Now that the election is closer, I think I’m nearly caught up there.

I’ll do my best to get it wrapped up this week. I have the code updated at last to our current standards, but still have some responsive elements to work on.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook widget’ is closed to new replies.