Facebook Page Widget Not Working with Epic theme

Support Area Forums Epic Facebook Page Widget Not Working with Epic theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.stpeterslexsc.org/
  • Author
    Olie Clapp
    Participant

Hello,

I love the Epic theme! I am using it for a church website that I am developing. The only problem I am having is that the Facebook Page widget as well as other Facebook like widgets that I have tried, do not work on Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox! I have tried on several different computers to see if it works and I get the same results.Nothing populates the Facebook Widget! I have noticed that it does work on one computer in the Chrome browser. What do I need to do to get this working?

I am using Epic version 2.0.8 (installed). My WP Admin is asking me to update to version to 2.0.13.! Would this fix the problem I am having with the Facebook widget? I am a little reluctant to update to the new version 2.0.8 of Epic. I am afraid that if I do, it will over write the information I have built into the site and set my graphics to those that come with the theme update. Could give your expertise on how to update to the new version of Epic without messing up the content that I have built into the site I have been working on? http://www.stpeterslexsc.org/

Thank You,

Olie Clapp

Lexington SC

Bill Robbins

Hello Olie,

Fantastic question there. I think the difference may be related to being logged into Facebook or not.

I’ve attached a screenshot of your site with two browsers side by side. I’m logged into Facebook with the one on the right and not logged in with the on the left. They both use the same rendering engine (Safari’s).

Give that a shot and see if it has bearing on your problem. I remember a while back, some of my restaurant customers had this same trouble and it stemmed from a setting inside their Facebook page related to alcohol. Obviously you guys don’t have a bar, but there could be another setting that’s causing that to happen.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Page Widget Not Working with Epic theme’ is closed to new replies.