Events Calendar Widget

Support Area Forums Authentic Events Calendar Widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.flamesofrevival.co.uk/
  • Author

Hi Bill,

I hope you are doing well.

It’s been a few months since the “Events Calendar” widget on the homepage is not working the way it used to be. Check the website here: http://www.flamesofrevival.co.uk/

There is a huge space between lines (breaklines?> and I don’t seem to be able to remove them. I went on the Modern Tribe website to find out solutions about it but to no avail.
    Could you please help me sort this out?

Also, is there an update to the theme?I like the new font. How can I update the one I installed back in March 2012?

Regards,
    Mibéka

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Mibéka,

I believe we can adjust the spacing in your widget. Let’s give this a try:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.widget ol.hfeed {
      	margin-left: 0;
      	margin-right: 0;
      }

.widget li.tribe-events-list-widget-events {
      	margin-bottom: 10px;
      }

.tribe-events-list-widget .entry-title {
      	margin-bottom: 0;
      }

3. Update your settings.

You are welcome to update to the current version of the theme. You can download it from the downloads section on our support site (there’s a link in the sidebar).

Once you’ve downloaded it, unzip the authentic.zip file and rename the folder authentic-update and then zip it back up. You could then install it like you would a new theme.

A couple of years ago we had to make some significant changes to the backend of the theme, specifically the theme options page and some of the additional boxes that are part of the podcast and pages section of the site. You will have to reenter your theme options and possibly some information in the other boxes.

But you should be able to install it like you would a new theme by going to the Appearance section and selecting themes and then clicking Add New.

Have a great week and let me know if you run into trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Good Morning Bill, thank you for your quick answer. It works fine. 🙂

I just tried to install the theme and got the following message:
    “Unpacking the package…
    Installing the theme…
    The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
    Theme install failed.”

What did I do wrong?

Regards,

Bill Robbins

Sometimes that error comes up for apparently no reason at all. Sometimes the exact same file will work at a later time with no changes. It’s been a bit of a mystery for me.

I went on and made a fresh zip for you that already has the folder name changed in it. Try downloading this: https://support.organizedthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/authentic-update.zip and see if it won’t work for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for this.
    It works fine but there are still a few things here and there that need fixing:

– The slider size: More than a year ago you sent me the following codes (https://gist.github.com/2257281) to decrease the slider size. However I am not quite if I can still use it.
    I’d like the slider on the homepage to be this size: width=420 and height=370

– is it possible to bold the titles of the menu and also on the homepage?

– How can I reduce the space between the footer and the bottom of the widgets on the homepage?

– Finally, how can I reduce the size of the event title on the Upcoming events widget on the homepage?

In advance thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Mibéka

Bill Robbins

Mibéka,

Glad to help out. Don’t use the CSS from earlier. I’d be happy to help out with your questions. If I could get you to post them as individual questions here in the forum that would help me as I help you out.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Calendar Widget’ is closed to new replies.