ElegantIcon not displayed

Support Area Forums Kerygma ElegantIcon not displayed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.lhch.org.uk/men/
  • Author
    Participant

I have a blockquote entry on this page, but the ElegantIcon that should be being loaded before the

is not displaying properly.

I’m using a Child Theme of Kerygma and have had tis relatively new site running with the Autoptimize plugin and WP Super Cache – but disabling those (as they are currently) has made no difference – I can see that the “\e06a” character is not displaying correctly and seems not to be being passed to the browser…

Have I missed something?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning,

I took a look just now. It looks like the font files are returning a 403 forbidden error. That indicates the files are being blocked from being loaded due to a permission or other restriction.

You could use a FTP program or the file browser in your web host’s control panel to check the permissions on those files in the parent theme and the font folder they are located in are accessible to the public. They don’t need to be writable, but they do need to accessible.

Your web host may be able to help out there if you can’t get those changed. Since it’s their hosting environment they’ll likely know the best options.

If I can help out, let me know,
    Bill

Participant

Hi Bill,
    thanks for the quick response.
    Via FTP the font folder is showing permissions 755 and the font files within it 644 which should make them readable by anyone… however your reply was enough to point me in the direction of an .htaccess file that was only allowing certain file types to be accessed and didn’t allow the font files through.
    All working now.
    Thanks again.
    Matt

Bill Robbins

Hi Matt,

Glad you found the restriction in the htaccess file and that all is well now. If you run into anything else, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks – you too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘ElegantIcon not displayed’ is closed to new replies.