Dropdown menu disappears

Support Area Forums Authentic Dropdown menu disappears

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    rainbowsplash
    Participant

I have seen mention of this already on the support site but I’m not sure which fix I should to try of the ones you suggested for others. The submenus disappear on rollover, but they do stay visible and clickable if you zoom in. The problem just recently started!!
    I updated to the latest WP and I’ve tried it in three browsers.
    Any ideas?
    http://www.quincypeeps.org

Bill Robbins

You can change that. There’s an update to the theme that you can download and use that will fix it or you can change it in your current version. If you’d like to do that, here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose functions.php.
    3. Look for these two lines near the top:

wp_deregister_script('jquery');
      	   wp_register_script('jquery', ("http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.1/jquery.min.js"), false, '1.6.1'); 

4. Delete them.
    5. Save your changes.

That should let your drop-down menus work a bit better. Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

rainbowsplash
    Participant

Bill
    I removed those two lines and it did the trick! At least on my end and hopefully my clients will be seeing it correctly and be happy.
    I would still like to do the update but I couldn’t figure it out quickly so taking out the two lines seemed easier and quicker. Where is the link to do the update? I can’t do it automatically within WP, I think?
    Thank you!

Bill Robbins

I’m glad to hear that worked. There isn’t a way to update from inside the theme at this moment. You can install the most recent version just like you would a new theme. I’m releasing our first theme this week that has automatic updates built-in. We’ll roll that out to the other themes over the next month or so.

Let me know if you need any other help,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropdown menu disappears’ is closed to new replies.