Drop Down Menu

Support Area Forums Live Drop Down Menu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://marquettecatholic.com
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I tried your fix of disabling the jQuery plugin updater, it fixed the drop down problem but it caused other issues. Our home slider plugin Soliloquy stopped working. I also tried your solution of the jQuery update plugin that you suggested but then neither the drop down menus or our slider plugin worked. Any more suggestions? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hey Chris,

Sorry for the confusion there. The jQuery updater plugin that’s in the WordPress.org directory moves your WordPress site to version 3+. It’s good for developers who want to take advantage of some newer features that come with it instead of the 1.1+ branch that WordPress uses at the moment.

It’s going to cause trouble with some of the items on your site though including the script that runs the drop down menus. Try either skipping the jQuery update plugin altogether or use this one: https://support.organizedthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/jquery-update.zip . It uses the version of jQuery that shipped with WordPress 4.4 instead of the current one.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Chris
    Participant

Hi Bill, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried disabling the jQuery Updater and that fixes the drop down menu problem but causes out slider to freeze and not progress through the pictures. I have also tried your jQuery update plugin you attached a link to and that actually causes both problems, no drop down menus and no slider. Any more suggestions?

Bill Robbins

Could you temporarily turn off the plugin so I can take a look with the slideshow not working? That way I can spot the specific javascript error that’s keeping it from working like it should.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for turning that off. You can turn it back on now; I grabbed a copy of the code.

Bill Robbins

I believe it’s the version of the image lightbox that’s used in that version of the theme. Try looking in the Theme Options page in the General Options tab for the yes/no that lets you include a lightbox gallery. Set that to no and save your changes. See if that doesn’t help out here.

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Drop Down Menu’ is closed to new replies.