Drop Down Menu

Support Area Forums Grassroots Drop Down Menu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.vcnva.org/get-involved/
  • Author
    Kelley Galownia
    Participant

Hi again Bill,

I’m sure this is answered somewhere else, but I can’t seem to find it. I’m trying to make a dropdown menu for the ‘Get Involved’ menu title. Under that menu item, there will be ‘Become A Member,’ ‘Resources,’ and ‘Job Finder.’

I’d like the dropdown to be clickable and more visible. Right now, when you try to click on the drop down menu items, the dropdown disappears. If you could also direct me to the place where I can adjust the colors of the dropdown menu, that would be great. I like that the drop down is see-through – I’d like the menu background to be the light green color used on our page and the text to be dark green.

Finally, is there a way to make the main ‘Get Involved’ menu item not clickable? Ideally, we’d have that present the dropdown menu items but not lead to a page itself.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Kelley

Bill Robbins

Hi Kelley,

Good question. Different sized logos can cause the drop-downs to appear too far away from the top level items to make them easily clickable. In the header section of the theme options page you’ll see a field for the “Drop Down Distance” that you can use to move the drop downs up a bit.

To do that you’ll want to use a negative value most likely (something like -10 for example). Save your changes and see if that works well and looks good. If it doesn’t then change that value. A more negative number will move the drop down higher on the screen while a less negative number will move it further from the top.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Drop Down Menu’ is closed to new replies.