Download counter widget or plugin needed

Support Area Forums Authentic Download counter widget or plugin needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    rainbowsplash
    Participant

Do you have a download counter widget or plugin you recommend? I have been requested to add it to the site. I have no idea which one to choose. There seem to be a few out there.

Bill Robbins

I personally use a plugin called WordPress Download Monitor. I use it to handle the download section of this site. It makes adding them pretty easy to do and will keep track of all the downloads from your visitors too.

It’s possible to configure it so that the download counts are visible on the front of the site or only on the backend too.

I hope that helps,
    Bill

rainbowsplash
    Participant

Great. I see that it has to have an “uploads” folder. I’m currently housing all the uploads in a different folder. I wonder if it will still work. I’ll give it a try. Thank you!

Bill Robbins

You can enter a URL to the download file instead of uploading it directly in the plugin. That way you can keep your files just about anywhere. I’m actually planning on moving all of mine to drop-box so I can keep them in one place across domains.

rainbowsplash
    Participant

Good to know. Got it!

rainbowsplash
    Participant

Downloaded, installed and activated. I changed Configuration, Custom Download URL, Custom URL to my actual folder. I assume that is where you mean to customize. I’ve got a bunch of downloads available on the site, so I will need to figure out how to make each link have this capability. I’m still figuring it out!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Download counter widget or plugin needed’ is closed to new replies.