Donation Widget

Support Area Forums Foundation Donation Widget

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://heswilmslow.co.uk/
  • Author
    Melanie Hay
    Participant

Hi I’ve got a couple of quick questions regarding the set-up of our paypal donations.
    1: I’m using the same link for the header donation button and the donation widget. However the donation widget brings up a page in dollars and the button in pounds. I need both in £ as we are a UK site, is there something in the code I need to amend?
    2:Is it possible to have the donations show up differently in paypal, perhaps with tagging. We will have a number of different donations coming through and want to see what people are donating the money to e.g. there will be a sponsor a cat page, buy a fence post (donation widget), donate button for a simple donation. Can these be split out so we know where the donation was coming from.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Emma

Bill Robbins

Hello Emma,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great questions too. Let’s see if we can find answers for you.

1. It is possible to change the currency of the donation widget. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose widget-donate.php
    3. Find this spot:

<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="0" /><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD" />

4. Change the USD to GBP and save your changes.

That should change the currency for you.

2. Probably the best way to gather additional information would be to switch from using the direct to PayPal link and use the URL option. You could then create separate donation buttons/forms from inside your PayPal account. I believe those will let you add a bit more information that you could use to track those. That’s probably the best option if you’re looking to do that.

If you have any trouble or questions, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Donation Widget’ is closed to new replies.