Display Post Sidebar Widgets on Blog Archive

Support Area Forums Authentic Display Post Sidebar Widgets on Blog Archive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    elwynvds
    Participant

Hi

I set up a ‘blog’ page as per the below post and things work well. https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-blog-page/

Is it possible get the Post Sidebar widgets to display on this page as well? I don’t seem to be able to get this working.

Oddly, it seems to be displaying the “Text” widget which I configured in the Page Sidebar, but I can’t seem to get any other widget to be displayed.

Perhaps it needs to have a template assigned, but how does one go about assigning a template to a category?

Sorry, the site isn’t live yet, I am working locally at present.

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Elwyn,

That is a most peculiar situation. The theme is set to load a unique sidebar file that is the same on both post archives and single posts.

Are you able to view widgets added to the “post” sidebar when you’re looking at an individual (single) post? If you can’t, then double check to make sure that widgets are included in the Post Sidebar.

If you do have widgets in that sidebar and you can’t see them on either single posts or in an archive, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

elwynvds
    Participant

Hi Bill

Apologies for the delayed follow-up. I have, in the meantime, moved to the Epic theme, and discovered the same problem. However, after deciding to ‘bite the bullet’ and go online with the site, I discovered that everything is actually working.

So it must be some quirkiness with my local setup – exactly what I haven’t bothered dwelling on.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Elwyn

Bill Robbins

Elwyn,

I’ve experience that myself in both directions before. I’ve had local sites that stopped working right in their final web host and had local sits that only worked well on the web server.

I’m glad it’s sorted out. If you need anything else, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Post Sidebar Widgets on Blog Archive’ is closed to new replies.