Discussion Page

Support Area Forums Epic Discussion Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://lifescc.net
  • Author
    John Baker
    Participant

I have searched online to figure out how to do this and it looks like wordpress should set up a discussion page automatically when you create a new page. For some reason when I make a new page it won’t add a comments box. Did I miss a setting? I have checked the screen options and made sure the check boxes on the discussion section on the new page are marked and yet no comments or discussion section. Do I need to install a third-party plug-in to accomplish this?

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

Great question. Having comments on pages is something that differs from theme to theme. In our themes I don’t typically add in comments on pages, but do include them on posts so that people can interact with what’s posted in the blog.

You can add in the comments section to your pages if you’d like to though. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose page.php
    3. Find this line:

<?php endwhile; ?>

and right above that, add in this:

(Make sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email.)

4. Save your changes.

That should load up the comments section when using the default page template too. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hey John,

That looks like the correct file. You’ll need to visit this page in the forum to get the code to insert. Email typically mangles code so the best way to get it is directly off the site.

Let me know if you have trouble,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

I’m glad you were able to add in the comments to your pages. For ones where you don’t want to have comments, you’ll want to manually turn them off. That should do it. If it gives you trouble, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Discussion Page’ is closed to new replies.