Different slider on non-home page

Support Area Forums Agency Different slider on non-home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.omegafandm.org
  • Author
    Robert Fairchild
    Participant

I’d like to place a different slider of pictures on a non-home page of my site. How can I do that?

Bill Robbins

Hi Robert,

You can do that. Edit the page where you’d like to have a slideshow. Click the add media button that’s at the top of the main content box and upload your images, but don’t insert them into the content of the page. Uploading them here will cause WordPress to associate (or attach) those images to this page. That’s how the slideshow knows what to include. The close the Add Media modal box.

Next look in the right hand column while editing the page and you’ll see a box for “formats.” Choose “Gallery” there and then update/publish your page. That will cause the images you uploaded while editing the page to appear in the slideshow. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Robert Fairchild
    Participant

I uploaded and did not insert as you stated. I then chose gallery and published it, but it does not show the pictures in the slider. What am I doing wrong?

Bill Robbins

I can take a look and see if I can spot the trouble. What’s the URL to the page where you’re adding the gallery?

Robert Fairchild
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Robert,

My apologies. The Epic and Foundation themes are made that way; Agency is just a bit different.

Click on the Add Media button and then choose the create gallery link on the left hand side. Select and/or upload the images you’d like to use in the slideshow. Then insert the gallery you’ve created into the content of the page you’re working on. Still set it to use the gallery format and publish/update it.

The theme should pull out the gallery from the content and create a slideshow with it. I just gave it a run through on my development site and that seems to do the trick there. If you have trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Different slider on non-home page’ is closed to new replies.