css text elements

Support Area Forums Elite css text elements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://myfantasticgarden.com
  • Author
    Mathias Vetter
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m not a web designer, new to theme customization and trying to find my way through your nice Elite theme. My question might be stupid but help nevertheless much appreciated!

I’ve installed the Easy Google Fonts plugin to gain a little bit more control over the displaying fonts. Now: Is there a sort of complete list of the various text elements that can be addressed in Elite?

I intend to set up some font controls within the Easy Google Fonts plugin panel to later use with Appearance/Customize/Typography. I’ve disabled Google Fonts in the Advanced Theme Options and tried it with li for the links and h1 – seems to work fine. But how do I address all the other (less obvious) places?

Thank you very much for your help and Merry Christmas!
    Mat

Bill Robbins

Hi Mat,

There are lots of way you can go about customizing these fonts. You’ll want to set a font for the “body” element. That’ll be the fallback for most of the type on the site. If it’s not set more specifically, then it’ll default to the body.

For the other elements, the best way is to use the developer tools that are part of your browser. Take Chrome for example. If you right click on an element in your browser and choose “inspect” you can find out all the styles that affect it. They’ll be listed on the right for you. You can then copy out one of the selectors that’s listed there to use as your hook for the fonts.

If I right click and choose inspect on the hero title, I’ll see this style on the right:

h2.hero-title {
        font-family: Open Sans, sans-serif;
        font-size: 70px;
    }

So to change the hero title, I could use h2.hero-title as the selector for the plugin.

If you run into trouble finding something to change let me know.

If you only need to add three or so fonts, there is a spot in the advanced tab of the theme options that you can do that with. That would let you still use the built in tools.

Merry Christmas,
    Bill

Mathias Vetter
    Participant

Awesome Bill, thank you very much for your super-fast help!!
    All the best,
    Mat

Bill Robbins

Anytime Mat 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘css text elements’ is closed to new replies.