Creating Sliders in LIVE Theme

Support Area Forums Live Creating Sliders in LIVE Theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Sarah Asaftei
    Participant

I’ve done an extensive amount of work in the Risen theme, but am now working in the Live theme for a different site. Unlike Risen, Live doesn’t seem to have built in dashboard access to create and manage homepage boxes, homepage sliders, social media links, etc.

Am I missing something?

Bill Robbins

Sarah,

Thank you for your business first of all. I haven’t personally used the Risen theme, so I’m certain how it’s set up. I try to keep with WordPress standards and conventions as much as possible. Our main theme options are in the Appearance section of your WordPress dashboard, under Theme Options.

To add your slides, go the Media section in your WordPress control panel and select slides. By not adding our slides via the theme options, you have more flexibility in regards to how you use the slides. You can schedule them to publish in the future for example, which can be great for setting things up before heading out on vacation. There’s a quick video in the video section that can show you how our slideshow works.

The content on the home page is made up of WordPress widgets. You can add those by going to the Appearance section and selecting Widgets.

The navigation menus including the social links in the header are set up in the menu builder. You can find that by going to the Appearance section and selecting Menus. There’s also a quick video in our video section about using WordPress navigation menus too.

In case you haven’t looked through the theme documentation, you can find it at https://support.organizedthemes.com/1538/live-theme-instructions/. Those will be especially helpful in setting up the social icons if you’d like to use them in your navigation.

If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating Sliders in LIVE Theme’ is closed to new replies.