creating a gallery & slideshow

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual creating a gallery & slideshow

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    paris
    Participant

Hello, I just started using responsive and i have a really basic question ! How do I create a slideshow like the one that I see on the demo? I have uploaded my pictures on several pages but they do not show in slideshow form. Do I need to change something in the page parameters or do I need to install a plugin?

Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Great question. There are two different slideshows in the theme: home page and inside pages/posts.

For the home page, here’s a quick video that will walk you through adding slides:

If you need help setting up a home page like the demo, the details are in the theme instructions.

The read differences between the home page slideshow and the inside ones are the home page can take widgets in the content panel and also the images can have links too.

For inside pages/posts, you’ll first want to upload all the images that you’d like to use in the gallery while editing that page/post. By uploading them on that page/post WordPress will associate them with that one and include them in the gallery.

It’s also not necessary to “insert” your images into the content.

Once you’ve uploaded your images, look in the right hand column for a box that’s labeled “format.” Choose “Gallery” from the available formats and then publish/update your post. That will set up the page like the demo.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

paris
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    I tried this and worked perfectly, thanks ! I just have one question. If I want to have slide shows on different pages that have some shared slides, how do i do it?
    Here’s an example:

I want a slideshow on page 1 which would include:
    slide 1, slide 2 , slide 3

I also want a slideshow on page 3 which would include:
    slide 2, slide 3, slide 4 , slide 5

How do I set this up? Do I have to upload the shared slides (2 and 3) twice, one time on each page?

thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Bill Robbins

In order to do that, you will have to upload the slide on each page where you’d want it to appear. It has to do with how WordPress associates images in a page/post gallery with that page/post gallery.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Charles Wilson
    Participant

Hi Bill- I’ve tried to create a galley page like the one in the demo, but I end up with thumbnails in the info column. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks for you help!

Bill Robbins

Charles,

With the gallery post format, you don’t actually have to insert the gallery into the page/post content. That’s most likely where the thumbnails are coming from. Try deleting the gallery from your page post and see if that doesn’t fix things.

If you run into trouble, let me know and if possible, send a link to the page so I make sure I’m giving you the right advice.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Charles Wilson
    Participant

Hey Bill- Thanks for your help. How do I delete images from a given gallery page?

Bill Robbins

Charles,

It’s rather odd, but WordPress doesn’t have a built in way to detach an image other than deleting either the image or the post.

There is a plugin called Unattach that indicates it adds a unattach link in your media library that you can use to detach an image from a page/post.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘creating a gallery & slideshow’ is closed to new replies.