Create more than one menù

Support Area Forums Umami Create more than one menù

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://shiso-restaurant.it/
  • Author
    Paolo Fumarola
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I need to create three different menù (lunch, dinner, take-away) with same food groups but different food items (some dish are available for lunch, other ones are avaible for dinner).

What do you recommend me to do?

Bill Robbins

Hello Paolo,

Excellent question. You’ll probably want to create separate food groups for each of your three menus then. Say you have burgers at lunch, dinner and take away but different items in each of those. You would make a lunch burger, dinner burger and take away burger group and add the separate items to each one. That’s probably the best way to go about that.

You can add the same food item to multiple menu groups if you need to.

If the only thing that is different between the lunch, dinner and take a way is the price, you could add three prices to the price field. Say you have an entree that is 10 for lunch, 15 for dinner and 12 for take away, you could enter the price like this:

10 | 15 | 12

and repeat that for each item’s prices. Then in the description mention that the prices are for lunch, dinner and take away so everyone knows which price goes with what.

If I can help out, let me know,
    Bill

Paolo Fumarola
    Participant

This is a real good advise. I’ll try and let you know if it works

Thank you

Paolo Fumarola
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m working on different food group, maybe the best solution is create a page for every single menù and select wich food groups can be showed. Any suggestion how to do it?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Paolo,

If you need to separate out your lists of menu items, you probably don’t want to use the Menu page template. That will always show all of the menu groups together.

So you have two other options. You can add any menu group directly to the navigation menu. That will create a “page” (really a dynamic archive) of all the items in that menu group. That’s the first option.

The second option is to use a shortcode to display a menu group in the content of a page. This method allows you to have multiple menu groups together on the same page, but not force you to show all of them.

What you would do is create a page, say for lunch. Then for each of the menu groups in your lunch menu you would place this shortcode:

[menu group="burgers"]

where you want the list of items to display. You would replace burgers with the “slug” for the menu group you want to show. You can find the slug by going to Food in your dashboard and clicking on Menu Groups. The slug will be listed next to each one.

Each shortcode will make a list of the items in that menu group. You can place text, images, videos and just about any other content before or after the shortcode. That way you can introduce the menu group or give more information about it. This is the most flexible of the options.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Paolo Fumarola
    Participant

It. Could. Work! 🙂

Grazie mille.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Create more than one menù’ is closed to new replies.