Content Overlaying Image on Home Page

Support Area Forums Moonrise Content Overlaying Image on Home Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.eatdrinkrabbit.com/
  • Author
    Katie Atkins
    Participant

Hi!

I was wondering if you would be able to give me some advice about setting up my homepage similar to The Rabbit Hole website.

I would like an image with content over the top of it on my home page.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks!!

xx Katie

Bill Robbins

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your business first of all. I do appreciate it. Great question too. The easiest way to do that would be with our Mise En Place theme (http://demo.organizedthemes.com/mise-en-place/). The page builder that it uses breaks the pages up into rows, each of which can have its own background and styling. Inside of those rows you can have multiple columns each filled with widgets.

At the top of the demo’s home page, we have a full height row with an image background that’s fixed in place. That allows content to scroll over the top of it. The content there is added with an “intro” widget that’s part of the theme. You can align it to the top, middle or bottom and left, center and right to put it just where you want it.

If you want to do something similar in Moonrise, you’d probably need to add the text directly to the image with a photo editor. That would be the most straightforward way to add content on top of one of the home page block images there.

If I can help out, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Katie Atkins
    Participant

Hi Bill. Thanks so much for your prompt reply!!

Unfortunately I have already spent a few days with the Moonrise theme.

I did consider that, but I really like the parallax effect etc

That whole site seems to be a little bit different than Moonrise? It is listed under sites that are using the theme.

It’s okay, I will just keep playing with the site. I love the theme! I am sure I can work it the way I want. 🙂

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hey Katie,

I totally understand once you’ve been using something for a while switching isn’t an appealing option.

It looks like the Rabbit Hole has switched themes. I did not realize that they had and have taken it out of the showcase. Sorry for the trouble there.

If I can help you out, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Content Overlaying Image on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.