Connect Box

Support Area Forums Kerygma Connect Box

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.fathershouseafc.com
  • Author
    Susan Gaddis
    Participant

I’m trying to add a connect box to our homepage so that it will be a link to our podcasts page. I keep being told that there is an error and it isn’t saving any of it for me. Can you help?

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Well, that was the wrong image. Here is the correct one.

Bill Robbins

Hi Susan,

Would it be possible to copy and paste the text of the error for me? The screenshot of it didn’t make it through. A lot of screenshots are PNG files which can be a bit large file size wise and may be beyond the set limit there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

I can’t copy it, but this is what it says:
    Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home2/fhafc/public_html?wp-content/themes/kerygma/includes/theme-customizer php on line 25

Bill Robbins

Thanks Susan,
    It looks like we have a slightly older version of the theme here. Recently WordPress changed the menu section of the customizer and moved navigation menu admin itself into the customizer. Because of that change, the theme had to be updated as well. I believe that error will be gone once you make the update.

If you still run into trouble after updating the theme, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Hi Bill. Thank you for that help. I’ve run the update, and put my picture there … the picture is really huge. Can you tell me what the size of the picture is supposed to be?

Carolyn

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

I believe I figured it out. Thank you!

Carolyn

Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Okay, so maybe I didn’t. When I’m in customize mode the picture is a good size and when I go to live mode it is too large. I’ve scaled the picture down and it remains too large. Can you help?

Carolyn

Bill Robbins

Hi Carolyn,

When you’re viewing the site in the customizer, the customizer panel takes up a portion of the browser window which makes the front end that you’re seeing narrower than it is when viewed outside of the customizer. Since these widgets are made to go edge to edge, the wider the browser window, the more the image will need to be scaled to fill that space. Does that make sense?

I just had an idea you might try. It will tie the height of these widgets to the width of the browser window. Give this a try and see if you like it:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.home-box.widget {
      	min-height: 23vw;
      }

3. Update your settings.

If that doesn’t seem to be a good fit for you, then feel free to take it back out.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Connect Box’ is closed to new replies.