Child Theme glitch

Support Area Forums Photobug Child Theme glitch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://tonyschurches.com/
  • Author
    Kais
    Participant

Hi Bill

I created a child theme on the Photobug theme, and all is good as you can see in the link.

I am trying to add google tag manager to the website. I run in to a problem when I copy the header.php from the parent theme directory to the child theme directory. Without making any changes to header.php – when I load the website (all pages show the same) I get an error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wpp_social_media() in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data03/88/2426088/html/wp-content/themes/photobug-child/header.php on line 48.

This file is working in the parent theme, why would there be an error in the child-theme?

I must have done something ? What am I missing here?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Kais,

Interesting question. The error message indicates that the function wpp_social_media() is not present when it’s trying to create the page you’re viewing. Are you adding a function with that name via a plugin or a theme? If it’s via a theme, is it in the child them or the parent?

We’ll sort it out,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Good Afternoon Kais,

I’ll be honest, I’m not familiar with the function that’s getting called there wpp_social_media() and a few Google searches didn’t turn up anything either.

Realistically you may just want to skip on using a child theme here. It’s highly unlikely that there will be another feature release for Photobug. There could always be a bug fix, but I haven’t had to release a bug fix since July so you’re probably good there too. The only reason to make a child theme is to help mitigate update issues, but since there isn’t likely be any further updates I wouldn’t worry about it.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Child Theme glitch’ is closed to new replies.