Change to One-page

Support Area Forums Moonrise Change to One-page

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.mastro.dk
  • Author

Hi Bill

1 How do i change to one-page on the Moonrise theme? I would like to be able to switch back and forth until our business is up and running, and we don’t need a complex site… with a one-page i dont have to duplicate the few pages I need now 🙂

2 how can i increase the space between the menu items?
    (see screendump – is it any of these codes i can change?)

3 When i bought Moonrise, it said I got two themes – how do i claim the other?

Have a great weekend 🙂
    Anna

Bill Robbins

Hello Anna,

Thank you for your business first of all. Excellent questions too. Let’s see if we can find answers for you.

Single Page Site

It sounds like you’re wanting to change the navigation menu so that it takes visitors to parts of your home page instead of separate pages. You can do that. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Menus.
    2. In the left hand column you’ll see an option labeled links. You can use this to create links to any URL you’d like to use. Click on that.
    3. In the URL field, remove the http:// that’s there by default and in its place add this:

#two

for the menu section of your home page. In the spot for the label, enter Menu there and then add the link to your navigation menu.

4. Create as many other links as you need to. Each section of the home page can be linked to. They each have a unique ID that follows like #one, #two, #three and so on. Just use the corresponding ID to match the section you want to link to.
    5. Remove the inside pages that you’re not wanting to link to anymore.
    6. Save your menu when you’re finished.

That should give you a navigation menu for a one page site now.

Menu Item Spacing

It is possible to change the spacing of your menu items. Here’s how:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

li.menu-group-item {
      	margin-bottom: 30px;
      }

3. Change the 30px to the amount of space you’d like to have. I believe the default is about 20px.
    4. Update your settings.

If you run into any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Also if you’ll let me know which other theme you wanted, I’ll add it to your account for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Thank you Bill – I was probably vague, but I meant the space between the menu items on the navigation menu; see attached image.

I will return with theme, have to choose 🙂 thank you!!

And; see the screenshot here too – i need to move the text down (its hidden under the topbanner/menu)

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Anna,

Sorry I picked the wrong menu there. You can change the spacing in the navigation menu. Here’s how to do that:

#header #navigation li {
      	margin-left: 25px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

See if that gives you enough space. If you need more, increase the 25 in the snippet above to a larger number and try again. You may have to experiment just a bit to find the right fit.

Here’s one way to keep the header from overlapping the sections below when you click on the menu link. It makes the logo a bit smaller and moves the navigation up just a bit as the user scrolls. This also helps people on smaller screens too.

#header.movement #logo img {
      	height: 100px;
      }

#header.movement nav#navigation {
      	margin-top: 70px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Hi Bill

Thank you for all the help.

It is great fun working with your template!
    I would like to ask for Umami as my nr.2 web – we are now distributing pasta and I think this site can be easier until we actually open a place 🙂

Thank you again and have a great day!
    Best
    Anna

Also – I should take the opportunity to ask another question 🙂

Can I make the food items a link?
    What i want is that people can click on a pastatype (say Linguine) and jump to either a page with a image and short description, or alternatively an image with description floating on top when they click?

Bill Robbins

Hello Anna,

I went on and added Umami to your account for you. Hope the pasta sales are fantastic 🙂

You can turn the names of the menu items into links. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose menu-group-list.php
    3. Look for this line:

<h4><?php the_title(); ?></h4>

and change it to be like this:

<h4><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h4>

(Be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email.)

4. Save your changes.

If you run into any questions or trouble let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Change to One-page’ is closed to new replies.