Can't locate Insert Gallery

Support Area Forums Authentic Can't locate Insert Gallery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

I am not seeing the “insert gallery” option. I watched the tutorial but it did not seem to match my version. I am not sure if I missed something along the way. Help?

Thanks Bill!

Bill Robbins

Robyn,

Most of the time you don’t see “Insert Gallery” when because the images have been uploaded directly to the media library (Media section of your dashboard, then Add New) instead of by clicking the upload/insert button when you’re editing a page or post.

WordPress determines which images to include in a gallery based on where they were uploaded. In order to have them in a page or post, you’ll have to upload them there. Once you’ve uploaded your images, click “Save all changes” at the bottom of the pop-up lightbox. After the lightbox refreshes, you’ll have the option to insert a gallery.

There is also another way to add a gallery. You can use what’s called a shortcode to add one (that’s actually all the “insert gallery” button does. Just place this code where you’d like your gallery to be and WordPress will take care of it:

If you still have trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't locate Insert Gallery’ is closed to new replies.