Can't Edit Home Menu

Support Area Forums Kerygma Can't Edit Home Menu

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    timothy Gardner
    Participant

This may be a wordpress issue, and not a theme issue. We needed to update our home menu and add some new pages for our church. The menu editor, however, is no longer working. You can remove pages from the menu hierarchy in the editor section, but you can’t add pages in either location. Now its impossible to get to needed pages without typing in the whole url.

I’ve attached a jpeg of the page. You can see there is no longer a menu on the right side that you can edit.

Thanks

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

That is unusual. Are you able to edit the menu inside the customizer? The navigation menu functionality was also added to the customizer in WordPress 4.3. You might see if you can edit it there.

If you can’t edit the Home menu, can you create a new one?

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

timothy Gardner
    Participant

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Unfortunately I can’t do either. I am not able to edit from the customizer (I can take away items but not add any) and I am not able to create a new one. I click on the “create a new menu” and nothing happens. I’ve included some images of the two pages.

timothy Gardner
    Participant

Here are the jpegs if you can’t open the tiff

Bill Robbins

Here’s what I would try next. From the screenshots, it looks like there are a few plugins that have updates pending. Try updating those and see if it clears up. If it doesn’t, then here’s what I would do. Go to the updates section of your dashboard. At the top of this screen is an option to reinstall the current version of WordPress, or update if you’re not running the current one.

Update or reinstall depending on which is available. Occasionally that will fix odd admin errors in WordPress.

If that doesn’t do the trick, then try disabling all plugins and see what you turn up.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't Edit Home Menu’ is closed to new replies.