Buttons/Side bar

Support Area Forums Elite Buttons/Side bar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Hi Bill,

Still building my site thru Pagely.
    1. On my Homepage I’m trying to center a BUTTON. I used the Button code you provided, but each time I use the WordPress “Center” key, the button does not Center on the page. You can see what I mean on the Home page.

Here’s the link: http://s15746.p20.sites.pressdns.com/

As you can see, the button remains at the Left of the page, even though I used the CENTER command. Can you tell me how to Center the Button?

2. Regarding the SIDEBAR. On my PURE VISION page I created a side bar using widgets: TESTIMONY Widget and FACEBOOK Widget. I would like to create a Sidebar on each page that pertains to the page itself. Right now the SIDEBAR I created for Pure Vision is appearing on all the other pages. Is there a way I can create separate sidebars using the same widgets? That way the Testimony and Facebook Widget on each page would relate to that page’s content.

3. On my MUSIC page, is there a way I can create a little LESS SPACE between the top of the Page and the Title (GLobal Vision Music)?

Thanks for your time, Bill.

Angelina Birney

Bill Robbins

Hi Angelina,

You’re welcome to use the Pagely Builder with the theme with the understanding that the theme isn’t built for it and I can’t provide support for the plugin. Sorry about that.

Take care,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

My apology for my previous email — I think it was a bit confusing. I am only using Pagely as a Host. I’m not using their plugins. I’m currently in the Staging Mode (not live). I’m using the Elite Theme and have some questions. If you could kindly take a look at them, I’d appreciate it.

Here’s a link to the site: http://s15746.p20.sites.pressdns.com/

— Regarding the SIDEBAR. On my PURE VISION page on the site, I created a side bar using the ELITE widgets: TESTIMONY Widget and FACEBOOK Widget. I would like to create a Sidebar on each page that pertains to the page itself. Right now, the SIDEBAR I created for the Pure Vision page is appearing on all the other Pages. Is there a way I can create different sidebars for each Pages. For example, I’d like the Testimony and Facebook Widgets on the Sidebar for the PURE VISION page to be different from the Testimony and Facebook Widgets on the Sidebar for the TARA THUNDERBOLT page.

— On my MUSIC page, is there a way I can create a little LESS SPACE between the top of the Page and the Title (GLobal Vision Music)?

— On my Homepage I’m trying to center a BUTTON. I used the button short code you provided in the Elite Theme but have had no luck in centering the BUTTON on the page. Please let me know if you have a suggestion.

Thanks again, Bill and hopefully my note was not confusing this time.

Angelina Birney

Bill Robbins

Hi Angelina,

Sorry for the confusion there on my part. I had you mixed up with another customer who uses a page builder plugin that Elite isn’t designed to work with. Sorry about that. Let’s see what we can do here:

1. You can have different widgets or different sidebars on various pages. If you only need to swap out a few widgets, then you might use the JP Widget Visibility plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack-widget-visibility/). If you would like entirely different sidebars on various pages, then I would go with one of the sidebar manager plugins out there. These let you create new sidebars that replace the theme’s built in ones, on specific pages.

2. You can move the content up on a “normal” page. Add this snippet to the Custom CSS box that’s in the Advanced tab of the theme options page:

.wrap {
    	margin-top: 100px;
    }

See how that fits now. You can move the content higher up on the page by making the 100 in that snippet smaller, or move it lower on the page by making it larger. The default is 150px.

3. It is possible to center the button, but it will require centering all the text. Add this to the Custom CSS too:

#page-block-5 .home-page-content p {
    	text-align: center;
    }

and that should center the button for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your help! As you suggested, I found a plugin that is helpful for the sidebar issue. And I also was able to move the content up on the Music page with the code you provided.

The Button is now centered as well. The two questions I have are:

— Is it possible within the theme for me to make the Button bigger?
    — If so, is it possible for the Font in the Button to be bigger as well?

You can see the current size here: http://s15746.p20.sites.pressdns.com/

I’m truly grateful for all your assistance.

Angelina

Bill Robbins

Hi Angelina,

You can change the size of your buttons. Add this to your Custom CSS to change this button’s size:

#page-block-5 a.button {
    	font-size: 24px;
    	padding-top: 12px;
    	padding-bottom: 12px;
    	padding-left: 18px;
    	padding-right: 18px;
    }

The font size is what sets a large portion of the button’s size. You can increase the amount of space around the text inside the button by altering the padding.

If you want to change all buttons everywhere, then it would look like this:

a.button {
    	font-size: 24px;
    	padding-top: 12px;
    	padding-bottom: 12px;
    	padding-left: 18px;
    	padding-right: 18px;
    }

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks again. I used the code you provided and that particular button at the Bottom of the Home Page did Center nicely.

— With regard to the HOME Page once again: I’ve used a TEXT WIDGET to create a another button in the Home 1 Section. This new Button isn’t centering. I don’t know code, so I’m basically running around in circles trying to center it. Can you let me know if it can be done and how?

Here’s the link to see: http://www.perribirney.com/

— I also was able to move the content up on a “Normal” page. My question now is: Is it also possible to move the SECTIONS up on the HOME page. Right now the spacial gap between HOME 1, HOME 2, etc. is a bit larger than I’d like. If there’s a ways for me to shorten that gap a Bit, could you let me know?

— On a couple of the Pages — Pure Vision and Music Page — The gap at the BOTTOM of the page is large, can you let me know how I can make the space at the Bottom shorter?

— Also, wanted to ask if it’s best to NOT to get the Theme Updates if I’ve added special CSS / HTML codes such as the ones you’ve given me thus far to add into the Custom CSS. Or is it best to just get the theme updates?

Thanks for your patience, Bill. You’ve really been enormously helpful.

Best,
    Angelina

Bill Robbins

Hi Angelina,

Let’s add this to the custom CSS too:

#home-one {
    	text-align: center;
    }

#home-one p.attention-description {
    	margin-left: 0;
    }

.home .wrap {
    	padding-bottom: 0;
    	padding-top: 0;
    }

.single #content article,
    .page #content article {
    	margin-bottom: 0px;
    	padding-bottom: 0px;
    }

.page #content,
    .single #content {
    	margin-bottom: 0;
    }

You should be safe making updates with the content in your Custom CSS. The updates only affect the theme files themselves so as long as they haven’t been altered, you can update. If you do need to edit a theme file, the best way is to use a child theme for that. That’s a more update friendly way to modify theme files.

There’s also an export option for the theme options. That can be a simple way to backup those options which is always a good idea.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Thanks again, Bill. I think?? I’m at the final stage here. A couple of more questions.

— The ARROW on all of the featured Images — that includes my HOME PAGE, PURE VISION, TARA Pages as well — Can I remove that Arrow from view everywhere?

— Feel a bit silly about this next question, but I simply can’t figure it out. When I created my TARA THUNDERBOLT Page, I placed a picture along the right side of the text on that page. When I view that TARA Page on Internet Explorer, the wording and text look fine. When I view it on Firefox (what I normally use) the wording and picture coordination is off.

I’ve tried to rectify this several times by making the picture bigger, then making it smaller, etc., but I can’t seem to correct the problem. As mentioned, this isn’t happening on Internet Explorer, only on FIREFOX. Is there a way this can be correct?

If you could please view what I mean on FIREFOX: http://www.perribirney.com/tara-thunderbolt

— On that same TARA Page, there’s certain text, such as: COMING SOON Look for Book Two . . . etc. I wanted to ask if there’s any way to change the SIZE and COLOR of the Font within the Theme or is that a matter of getting a PLUGIN. If a Plugin is needed, can you recommend one?

Best wishes,

Angelina

Bill Robbins

Hi Angelina,

You can hide the scroll down arrow. Add this to the custom CSS for that:

.scroll-down {
    	display: none;
    }

I’ve attached a screenshot of what I see in Firefox for comparison for you.

You can change the size and color of text within posts. In the toolbar of the page/post editor there is a toggle button that opens up additional options. You can highlight text and then change its color. You can also use a drop-down there to change it from paragraph text to a heading for example. That might be a good option for you.

If I could ask a favor. When you have additional questions, open up separate topics for them. It’s difficult to track multiple topics through replies. I want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Buttons/Side bar’ is closed to new replies.