Bug in Services and "Make a comment" link

Support Area Forums Foxy Bug in Services and "Make a comment" link

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    raymondcal
    Participant

Hi !

First, congratulations for this awesome theme !
    You can see what I have done with it here : http://www.lalivrerie.com/

Now, I have a few questions, here are the first two ! ๐Ÿ™‚

โ€“ I think I have a bug with the Service module. When I enter more than one service, the wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=service page (wich lists all services) shows only the first one, and says in the Service Group column : Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /homez.37/lalivrer/www/wp-content/themes/foxy/includes/post-type-services.php on line 85
    And because of that, I cannot edit the other services. Is there something Iโ€™m doing wrong ?

โ€“ Event if I donโ€™t authorize comments, there is still a link “Make a comment” on each post. Is there a way to hide this link (AND keep date, author and category) ?

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business and so sorry about the bug. Here’s how to squash it.

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose post-type-services.php.
    3. Replace all the content in the file with this:

4. Save your changes.

That should take care of it. If you run into trouble let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I left out the answer regarding the comments. You can change that. In the theme editor, choose post-meta.php and delete this section:

and save your changes. That will remove the comments part from showing up just below the post title.

Take care,
    Bill

raymondcal
    Participant

Thank you very much ! All solutions work great !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug in Services and "Make a comment" link’ is closed to new replies.